Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The flow


Today it was really close that I didn't go painting after work as I had planned. It had been raining all day. I decided to take a chance anyway and I'm glad I did. After I found this spot at the river and laid my brush on the canvas, everything went really well. The painting just seemed to emerge without any difficulties. I wish it was always as painless, as it certainly isn't. It took exactly one hour, which is a personal record. Not that it's a race, but usually it takes more like 2.5 - 3.5 hrs. I used just one bristle brush (Robert Simmons Signet filbert #8) and a small painting knife. I'm happy!


Oil on canvas, 24x19 cm


6 comments:

Ian said...

Nice detail, Arto. You are on a roll.

billspaintingmn said...

You captured the current, and I can hear the gurgle, wow!
The wetness, and color has much information to the viewer.
I'm happy for you Arto!

Antti Rautiola said...

I am really glad also that you went out there.
If you have time, join us on saturday. We probably go to Lahankoski.

Looking good!
Cheers!

Arto Isotalo said...

Thank you all very much!

william wray said...

great flow yes. Nice comp and everything else!

Arto Isotalo said...

Thank you, William!