Thursday, October 28, 2010

Zorn paintings in high resolution


Here are three paintings by Anders Zorn that I saw at the exhibition last summer. I always enjoy when I find high resolution images of good paintings, so I thought maybe my readers would also. I like seeing up close how the artist has handled different areas in the painting.

Some of these are a bit blurry because I took these pictures hand held. I didn't have my tripod with me. I had emailed the museum beforehand to ask if photography is allowed, and the answer was no. At the ticket counter I asked the same question and the answer was yes! I'm glad I had at least taken my camera with me just in case.

So, here are three Zorn paintings with detail images. Let me know in the comments if you want me to post more of these.

Baking bread, 140x94.5 cm






Emma Zorn reading, 60.6x40.2 cm






In the fire hut, 120x90 cm

7 comments:

Jose Romero said...

Hi Arto, I "discovered" your blog yesterday. You do very nice portraits; I also find that you have a good sense for color. I arrived at your blog through a google search for comments on rosemary ivory brushes (I´ve just ordered a few ones). I appreciated very much your post on Zorn´s museum (I´m very fond of the "triad" Sargent-Sorolla-Zorn), and for one moment I considered to ask you for high resolution images. So I find a little "synchronistic" yout post today! Please, post as many pictures as you can (the higher the resolution, the better)

Thank you,
Jose (Spain)

Arto Isotalo said...

Thank you Jose! I tried to upload the images in even higher resolution, but blogger resized them to 1600 pixels.

FATİH KARAKAŞ said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH ARTO!..

Arto Isotalo said...

You're welcome, Fatih.

osyrus11 said...

the most valuable pics of paintings are high res closeups where you can really see the brush strokes and layers and transparencies. so valuable for painters. (you should check out the prado museum online, they've got superhigh res images of rubens' 3 graces posted up through google earth. ) thanks so much!

Erik van Elven said...

Thanks for putting these up Arto!

Arto Isotalo said...

Glad you enjoy them, Erik!