Sunday, August 28, 2011

Zorn paintings in high resolution #4


More photographs from last year's Zorn museum visit. I hope you enjoy them!
Click the images to see them in full size.



Midsummer dance (2nd version, 1903), 117.5x90 cm


The little brewery, 47.5x78 cm




Monsieur Mauri, 81x60.5 cm



Mrs. Howe, 124.5x91.5 cm



Mrs. J Donald Cameron, 147.5x113.5 cm


Thomas Wheeler, 79x58.5 cm


Sparf Anders, 89.5x60 cm





Sewing lace, 42x48 cm


A couple watercolors:

Daiduscha, 45.5x30 cm
I could feel the sunlight in this one, it was incredible!



Fish market in St. Ives, 100x67.5 cm

Anders was a master in sculpting too:

If I remember right, this was a jewelry box made for Emma.


Fountain figure I, bronze



Previously posted:
Visit to Zorn museum
Zorn paintings in high resolution #1
Zorn paintings in high resolution #2
Zorn paintings in high resolution #3

12 comments:

Erik said...

Thanks Arto! Beautiful reference, good to see you've included the detail shots as well. He must have used a yellow and blue in Midsummer dance by the way or he could never get those greens so vivid don't you think?

Arto Isotalo said...

Hard to tell. I don't know how well I got the white balance corrected on that image plus it's quite grainy. The blue color on the right side is a reflection. It was difficult to take a decent picture of this painting due to reflections and without a tripod.

E.Milz said...

Thank you Arto! I am very happy about your pictures, they are much better than mine and different ones too. This year was another show in Mora, so I guess they change it all every year. Hopefully I will get a chance again next year.

yours
Eckhardt

Arto Isotalo said...

Thank you Eckhardt! You have very good pictures too, and of many paintings I haven't seen before.

Last year was Zorn masterpieces exhibition (150 years of his birth), so I really wanted to see that. I managed to add Mora to our itinerary when we went to see my grandmother in Sweden :)

Jose Romero said...

More Zorns! Thank you, Arto. Midsummer dance has always been one of my favorite paintings.

E.Milz said...

Arto, if you like maybe we can time it next time around so we could meet up there in Mora and do some Plein airs together while under the spell of good old Mr. Zorn?!

cheers
Eckhardt

Arto Isotalo said...

Sounds good, but we visit Sweden quite seldom and Mora isn't that close to Stockholm, so it might take some time for that to happen though. Thanks for the invitation!

Arto Isotalo said...

You're welcome, Jose!
I have some posts coming from Museo Sorolla and Museo de Bellas Artes de Valencia. Stay tuned!

Jussi Tarvainen said...

Fantastic Arto, thank you for sharing these gems:) Look for some traffic heading your way. We are just studying Zorn paintings in school and I shall refer here in class:) "I'll be back" :D

Arto Isotalo said...

Thanks, Jussi!

steve molyneaux said...

thankyou for posting these treasures!

Arto Isotalo said...

My pleasure.